Monday, August 16, 2010

5th Week Reflection

Hi guys! Here we are, meeting once again in the fifth week of my new life in UM.Overall, this week is one of the busiest time for me. There are a lot of things that need to be done!

First of all, during the class, our lecturer have given a task which had to be done in pair. The task was to search for as many resources as we can. After that, we need to design one complete lesson based on the year and topic of pupils in the primary school. The topic and year was assigned by our lecturer. As for my partner and I, we have been assigned to do topic number 3 for year 4, 5, and 6.

Year 4, topic 3: Healthy living
Year 5, topic 3: Save our environment
Year 6, topic 3: Fit as a fiddle

The most difficult part is, we must decide on which resource that we want to use in every stages of the lesson.


For one lesson, there are 5 stages which are;

1. Induction stage,
2. Pre-stage,
3. While stage,
4. Post stage, and
5. Follow up stage.

To begin with our searching, we must thin of what kind of lesson that we wanted. After that, we can start our quest of searching and collecting our teaching aids. At first, I found difficulty in doing this assignment. But thanks to my partner because with her help, we manage to complete our work and submit it on Thursday. Fuh! Thanks god!

Actually, these assignment have given a lot of benefits to me. This is because, it had taught me on how to be more effective in searching for material/teaching aids. It also a good practice as I'm going to be a teacher in the future. When I become a teacher one day, I must not take things for granted. Instead, I must work hard, looking for as many resource as I could to make them as my teaching aids for my pupils. Then only I can be a good teacher!

I think, that's all for this week. I hope to get a rest this weekend! See you guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment