Thursday, November 18, 2010

10th Week Reflection



Helloooo... We meet again in the 10th week of my life in UM. Up until now, there are so many activities and event going on to me right now. I’ve been doing a lot of task, a lot of tutorial, and trying a lot of software. Honestly speaking, I have gain a lot of new knowledge now. Thanks to all the tasks and module.


Hmm, now, as I promised before, I’m going to explain about the content and task in module 3.


First of all, module 3 is about audio editing. Audio editing is a process of editing any audio for any purposes, especially to teach pupils in the classroom. One of the software which I learned from the module is Audacity. Audacity is one software that we can edit audio file and convert it into mp3 or wma file. By using this software, we can do our own podcasting. For example, we can record our own voice. After that, we can insert other audio file as background music.

I found this is very interesting. This software allows teacher to do a lot of fun activity in the classroom. For example; let say I want to conduct a listening lesson in the classroom. I want to used my own story and record my own voice. In the story, I want to have a lot of sounds of animal such as sound of bird chirping, sound of tiger roaring, and etc. So, what I can do is first, I can record my own voice while reading the story. Next, I can insert any sound of animals which can be downloaded from the internet. My end product would be a complete story with a lot of interesting sound of animals.



In my opinion, if all teachers in Malaysia can integrate the used of this software in their lesson, I’m pretty sure that English lesson would be so much fun. Pupils will feel so interested to learn and wouldn’t find English as a boring subject anymore.



I’ve come to the end of my entry for this week. So, bye guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment