Thursday, November 18, 2010

13th Week Reflection

th Week??????

This is my thirteen week entry. For this week I’m going to tell about our activity in class and explain briefly about module 4.

First of all, our lecturer shows a video from the u-tube. According to her, this week, we are about to work in pairs and produce our own video which can be used to teach any topic in primary classroom. As for me and my partner, we decided to chose the topic ‘love’ which will be telling a story of a child who dedicate a song to describe about his love towards his mother.

First of all, in order to produce a video, we need a Movie Maker Software. Movie Maker Software is a software which can be used to produce a movie. What we need are; pictures, song, and any videos. After that, we started to arrange all the files we have and produce a movie based on our own story line.

To complete one short movie will take about 1 to 2 hours (for beginners like me lah). Even though it took a lot of time, we are happy when we manage to complete our own movie.

Now, let us talk about module 4. Basically, module 4 is about how to edit video. There is a lot of software that can be used to edit video. One of it was Windows Movie Maker, which I have explained earlier. This module is actually very good in terms of giving me a lot of new ideas on how to conduct a good and interesting lesson in the classroom. If teacher have the knowledge on how to edit video, he or she will be able to have a very interesting activity in the classroom. One good thing of having this knowledge is, teacher can edit any video as to match with the topic of the lesson.

So far, I have done 5 videos on my own. I’m kind of addicted to this software now!hehehe... Hopefully, the knowledge I gained from this module will be able to be applied in the future to help me become a good and talented English teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment