Thursday, November 18, 2010

14th Week Reflection

tH WeEk da...


This is our 14th week. We almost come to the end of our learning in this course. As for this week, we have been introduced with kits.


Kits are something that can be used in many ways. There are like brochure, calendar, poster, and etc. All of these kits are very useful especially for teacher. For example, teacher can use them to teach pupils in the classroom. Let say I want to teach pupils about the topic of vacation. I can prepare a lot of things in order to promote and introduce about places to my pupils.



For example, the place which I have chosen is Pulau Pangkor. So, I would like to promote Pulau Pangkor to them. First, I can show them a poster which shows a lot of interesting pictures of Pulau Pangkor. For example, there are some pictures of Blue Ocean, foods, interesting activities, and etc.



After that, to give detail and information about the vacation or package in Pulau Pangkor, I will give them a brochure. In the brochure, I can put down some information such as a hotel for them to stay, a price for them to pay, and much other information. Now, can you see how helpful is the kits to be used in the classroom?


Besides that, I can make activity like role play for my pupils in the classroom. For example, in group, they have to act like a tourist who want to make a vacation. In order to go for a vacation, they need to plan and decided on which place they should go, how much budget they should have. After that, one of the members in the group will act as an agent of the tourism. This agent will try to persuade the tourist to choose him as their tourist guide. Therefore, he/she needs to tell a story about the place as to show that he/she can really be a good tourist guide.


Do you see now how teacher can manipulate all those kits to be used in classroom?


Now, let me explain briefly about our last module, that is module 5. Module 5 for me, is the most interesting one. It is about how to use different software to produce kits. I found that all the software were interesting. I can’t wait to use them when I was ready to teach in the future!


That’s all from me for this time. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment